The Medway Centre was officially opened in 1979, towards the end of the major housing development in Huntingdon as a result of the London Overspill Policy of the 1960s. The original building has been enlarged on a number of occasions and now comprises lounge, main hall, stage, coffee bar and offices.
The Medway Centre is licensed to operate 7 days a week from 8.00am to midnight. The centre is booked most days by regular groups however, there is availability remaining on most days for the hall, smaller lounge room and meeting room. The main availability for the hall is on Tuesdays between 8.00am and 3.30pm; Fridays between 8am and 7.00pm; some Saturdays after 11am and Sundays after 8.00pm. The lounge room and meeting room have a lot more availability all week. During non term time, the availability of all rooms increases so please do phone the centre and check.
The Medway Centre Manager is Shilpa Desai-Sakaldip and the Community Administrator is Sally Marchant.
Telephone 01480 388677
We have three tiers of hire rates: Affiliated groups, Public rates and Statutory Bodies. Please call the centre for more details.
MAIN HALL (46' x 37')
This large hall can accommodate up to 150 people for a seated audience.
- Ideal venue for business meetings, training events, conferences, seminars, fitness classes, parties, bingo, concert performances, and social functions including wedding, anniversary and birthday celebrations
- Because of the lovely wooden floor, the hall is also perfect for dance classes and any other types of fitness sessions
- A Projector system & DVD player has been installed, PA sound system, tables and chairs
- A separate stage area with lighting
COFFEE BAR (28' x 23')
The coffee bar is usually hired with the hall as it acts as a nice break-out area for events.
- It is fully stocked with tea and coffee making facilities and has nice comfortable chairs and tables for relaxing
- The coffee bar can also be hired separately for coffee mornings or informal gatherings. *Please note that hirers from other rooms may pass through
- Large industrial kitchen that is well equipped with utensils and cooking appliances
- Accommodates 40 people seated in conference or up to 30 people dining
LOUNGE (35' x 23')
The lounge room can accommodate up to 40 people seated in conference or up to 20 people dining.
- The ideal room for private training classes, craft activities or children's activities due to the nature of the flooring.
- Private room which benefits from its own facilities including a disabled toilet
- Small self-contained coffee bar area where tea and coffee can be made and served.
- Ideal venue for functions including classes
- Activities typically in the lounge room range from children's activities and craft making session to private training classes and music groups.
The Medway Centre benefits further from having wi-fi throughout the building, a fully stocked kitchen (including fridge, freezer, double oven and microwave); a small meeting room that can accommodate 10-12 people, 2 large car parks that are free to use for hirers and users of the centre and very good disabled access.
Please complete this short form if you wish to find out more about the Medway Centre.